Christopher A. Cafardi
Christopher A. Cafardi is one of the founding members of Cafardi, Ferguson, Wyrick, Weis + Gabriel, LLC. He currently serves as Managing Member of the Firm. Prior to CFWW+G, Chris worked for more than eight years at two different national law firms. He has broad experience in complex commercial matters, including construction, labor and employment, estates and trusts and charitable and non-profit organizations. He also focuses his practice on business matters ranging from corporate formation to employment and contract matters and has represented clients in extended negotiations, arbitration and at trial in both federal and state proceedings.
Examples of Chris’ experience include the following subject matters:
- Advice Regarding Entity Formation and Structure.
- Business Counseling, Including the Drafting and Negotiation of Commercial Contracts.
- Labor and Employment Counseling and Litigation.
- Representation of Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors and Design-Professionals in Construction Matters, including Design Defect Matters.
- Estate Planning, Administration and Litigation.
- Creation and Administration of Trusts, Including Special Needs Trusts.
- Product Liability Matters.
- Matters Involving Charities and Non-Profit Corporations.
Chris’ recent achievements include:
- Obtaining a jury verdict for a manufacturing client following a week long trial in Mahoning County, OH for 100% of client’s breach of contract claim.
- Obtaining a declaration of lien priority over financing bank in favor of general contractor lien-claimant client.
- Successfully mediating a dispute brought by contractor against rail-line owner client for extra work and differing site conditions claims.
- Successfully defending a national furniture manufacturer client against breach of contract claims arising from acquisition of franchisee through asset purchase agreement.
- Successfully prosecuting breach of contract and intellectual property claims in Virginia, Texas, Florida and California on behalf of national water filter manufacturer client against numerous competitors and/or franchisees.
Chris was as a member of the inaugural board of directors of Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School, Inc., serving as the board’s Chairman from 2007-2009. He is active with several local charities and organizations, including service as a board member of the Western Pennsylvania St. Thomas More Society. Most recently, Chris was appointed to serve as a member of the board of directors and legal counsel for the HM3 Partners Independence Fund.
In addition to his practice, Chris is an adjunct faculty member at Duquesne University School of Law. He is also active in his community, serving as a coach for the North Allegheny High School’s football program.