Dennis R. Very
As a member of Cafardi, Ferguson, Wyrick, Weis + Gabriel, LLC, Dennis R. Very is a business solutions lawyer with a wide range of experience both in-house and over fifteen years with national law firms. As the former Manager of Legal Affairs and Chief Compliance Officer, Dennis has advised the board of directors and senior management in matters as diverse as oil and gas law, litigation, compliance, employment, corporate governance, contract review, negotiation and drafting, as well as risk management. Dennis also enjoys decades of experience in complex commercial matters, litigation in state and federal courts, construction, estates and trusts, civil rights, and bankruptcy law. Due to the nature of his practice, Dennis is often called upon to solve legal problems in a variety of industry sectors including, but not limited to, oil and gas, real estate, construction, leasing, coal, energy, health care, financial services, hospitality, metals, consulting, steel, as well as others.
Examples of Dennis’s experience include the following subject matters:
- Complex Commercial Litigation.
- Bankruptcy Litigation.
- Estate and Trust Administration and Litigation.
- Business Counseling, Including the Drafting and Negotiation of Commercial Contracts.
- Labor and Employment Counseling and Litigation.
- Representation of General Contractors in Construction.
- Advising the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Managing all Legal Affairs including Litigation for an Appalachian Based Oil & Gas Company.
Dennis is a member of the Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny County Bar Association. He has coached youth sports for over a decade in the Pittsburgh area.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; Pennsylvania Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Allegheny County Bar Association.
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude.
University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.